The menu to configure automatic reminders is Journal management/Mail/Automatic reminders.
The launching of automatic reminders is based on two principles :
- Define a rating delay (see Managing the journal/Journal settings),
- Configure the reminders.
There are three types of automatic reminders :
- A reminder to alert the reviewers who did not answer to a review invitation “Unanswered reviewer invitation”
- A courtesy reminder to alert the reviewers (who have already accepted the review), some days before the deadline “Reminder before reviewing deadline”
- A reminder to send a notice to a reviewer (who have already accepted the review and which is late), after the deadline “Reminder after reviewing deadline”
To configure the reminder, click on the button “Add a reminder”. A window will open with a list of parameters to define the type of reminder you need (between the three types available from the drop-down menu):
The delay box is a mandatory field and must be expressed in a number of days. This delay takes into account the rating delay defined in the journal settings.
The number of reminder is not limited that will allow to define several levels of notices.
- An automatic reminder for an unanswered review invitation can be send 7 days after the invitation (defined before in Journal Management/Review/Settings)
- A reminder before reviewing deadline can bend 5 days before the review dead line (defined before in Journal Management/Review/Settings)
- A first reminder after reviewing deadline can be send 7 days after the review dead line (defined before in Journal Management/Review/Settings)
- A second reminder after reviewing deadline can be send 14 days after the review dead line (defined before in Journal Management/Review/Settings)
A default template is provided but a customisation of the reminder is possible by clicking the menu. Click on submit to save your reminders.
Note that the sending of the reminders is done at 00:00 every day.
All messages are visible in Journal Management/Mail/History.